Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fruits of Thailand










These are Rambutan.









These are Langsat, my favorite!










These are Dragon Fruit, really crazy looking . . .








This is Lotus . . . as in the flower. You eat the seeds and they're pretty good.









These are Java Apples.

The two weeks I spent in Chiang Mai, I took full advantage of the tourist culture and got it all out of my system. Shopping, taking pictures at temples, and even a cooking class. If you were lucky enough to be my roommate at 1868 California, you know that my signature, and by signature I mean ONLY dishes are bagels, sushi, and popcorn. Yes, I’m an eclectic eater, but I thought I should learn how to make some of the delicious food that I’ve been eating since I got here. Hence, the cooking class.
It was fun. We went to the market (where I took all those fruit pictures) and then we cooked -- pad thai, coconut milk soup, papaya salad, green curry paste and green curry chicken, and then mango sticky rice for dessert. Don’t get your hopes up too high, though, I accidentally lost the recipe book . . .

No comments: