Monday, May 11, 2009

Do you trust Paraguayan ropes?

Last weekend we jumped in the car with some friends from Nick's office and headed towards Mbatovi Eco-Reserve about 90 minutes outside of Asunción. There's not that much to do in Asunción, so even though we weren't quite sure what we were getting ourselves into . . . we were excited for the adventure.

The site was pretty -- the kind of Paraguayan pretty that (unfortunately) I've come to associate with indigenous land disputes, poorly allocated national resources, and rural poverty -- but pretty nonetheless. After some safety instructions that we didn't really understand (new vocab) we got our gear on:
And finally after a not-so-long hike, we reached . . . The Zipline!

(I still have no idea what that word is in Spanish.)

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

Did not trust the Laotian ones. Would not trust the Paraguayan ones.

Less trust = more fun!

tc said...

Wow! Glad the ropes held! Hope you had fun.

Terri

editor said...

Yikes! Your dad will be proud.I am not sure that I could do it...But I will try in Costa Rica.

Bill Ehler said...

I am proud. looks like you lost most of your momentum before the end of the Zip line.

Dad